I know you all think I plop myself down in front of my vanity every morning and spend a good hour putting on my face — using several different concealers to camouflage my puffy eyes, carefully sculpting the perfect winged eye, prepping and painting on the perfect statement lip — ok that’s me on a big night out, but not during the week. I mean come on, I live in crunchy Northern California now so I’ve kind of been forced to embrace the “Fresh Face Look”. The good news? I found that I can actually look surprisingly good after dedicated 5-7 minutes to my makeup routine. And for those of you mommies and worker bees who don’t have more than a few minutes to slap on your makeup in the morning, you are going to love me forever:
1. After priming my face with Tarte Clean Slate Poreless 12-Hr Perfecting Primer ($30) I apply the Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Creme Compact Broad Spectrum SPF 20 ($45) with the included sponge by first swiping the makeup onto my face and then blotting it (patting it in basically) with the same sponge. This foundation immediately and seamlessly blends into my skin and covers up any imperfections without making me look like a Kardashian (foundation so thick you could scoop off chunks with your fingernail). Honestly, by replacing my old liquid foundation, AMOREPACIFIC ‘Time Response Skin Renewal’ Foundation SPF 18 ($90), with the Laura Mercier Creme Compact I shave a solid 5 minutes of applying, blending and blotting off my routine as well as $45 off my spend and I LOVE the way it makes my skin look!
2. Next, with my ring finger I pat on Cle de Peau Beaute Concealer ($70) underneath my eyes, tapping to blend and diffuse at the outer edges. Since this concealer is so concentrated and pigmented (yet creamy) I only need one layer. I know $70 is a lot to spend but I’ve had my tube for over a year now and there is still two thirds of the tube left. Definitely one of the best beauty investments I’ve made (besides my eyelash extensions obviously).
3. Speaking of eyelash extensions, because I have my Bambi lashes I get to skip step 3. Woo hoo! That’s right, my 7-Minute Makeup Routine is actually a 5-Minute Makeup Routine since I never have to wear mascara. But for those of you who still have to endure the tedious process of putting on mascara, my favorite mascara BY FAR is the Votre Vu Eiffel Power Mascara ($24.00). This magical mascara simply refuses to clump while building pigmented volume and treating your lashes to a healthy cocktail of keratin, cotton bloom and other do-gooding ingredients to strengthen and fortify your lashes. If I’ve gone too long between lash extension fill-ins this mascara is always my savoir!
4. Next I take my MAC 150 Large Powder Brush and apply my natural-looking, always-flattering bronzer Orlane Paris Soleil Cuivre Bronzer ($43) in a W-formation — swiping underneath my cheekbone to my temple and out along my forehead hairline and then from my temple down along my jawline (a sideways W).
5. Then I tap Tarte Cheek Stain ($30) onto the apples of my cheeks and blend upward. This gel blush gives a natural dewey finish. LOVE!
6. Lastly, I swipe on Lipstick Queen ‘Medieval’ Lipstick ($20), an extremely sheer and moisturizing red, which requires no lip brush or lip pencil and literally give my lips a just-bitten look.
Voila! 7 minutes tops! Try my routine and tell me what you think!Janna Posted by janna Tags Amore Pacific, Blush, Bronzer, Cle de Peau, Eyelash Extensions, Foundation, Laura Mercier, lipstick, Lipstick Queen, MAC, Mascara, Orlane, Primer, Tarte, Tinted Moisturizer, Votre Vu