Hello, my lovelies! I recently returned to News10 ABC Sacramento to bestow my beauty knowledge. For the first segment I talked Winter Skincare Tips and for the second segment I shared my favorite multi-tasking makeup that will help you battle even the coldest of winters. You will find links to all the products I mentioned below the clips. Enjoy!
Winter Skincare Tips (If the video isn’t working for you, click here)
- You want to put away the gel based and foaming cleansers and go for a creamy soothing cleanser like the Kate Somerville Moisture Milk Cleanser ($58.00)
- In the winter months, you have to be really careful about what anti-agers you’re using or you’ll end up looking like you got caught in a chemical fire. That is why First Aid Beauty Dual Repair Collection ($40 – $50) is the perfect gentle anti-aging regimen.
- You should try and incorporate at least 1 mask into your weekly regimen since your skin needs the extra love right now. The Fresh Black Tea Instant Perfecting Mask ($88) is one of my favorite beauty products in the world. The texture is just so luxurious!
- Our other mask is perfect for people with oily and combination skin and is a cult favorite of beauty editors and celebrities: Clark’s Botanicals Instant Radiance Mask ($72).
- For the body, there is nothing worse than the winter itchies! So a great way to get rid of the dry itchy skin is incorporate a body lotion that gently exfoliates and moisturizes like Philosophy – Hope In A Jar For Body ($25).
Multi-Tasking Makeup to Help You Battle the Cold (If the video isn’t working for you, click here)
- After you moisturize, you simply have to start with a good primer. I love the Laura Mercier Foundation Primer Oil Free ($32) for it’s high water content, which soothes dehydrated skin at the surface.
- You need to bump up the hydration by replacing your regular foundation with a tinted moisturizer like Laura Mercier Tinted Moisturizer Creme Compact Broad Spectrum SPF 20 ($45).
- For those of you who use powder on a regular basis, I’m sure you’ve noticed that if your skin is on the dry side, the powder can make your skin look chalky and older. Try a hydrating powder like the Josie Maran Luminous Hydrating Liquid Powder ($38.20).
- You want to switch out your powder blush for something more hydrating like a cream or gel-based blush like the Tarte Cheek Stain ($30) which also has tons of hydrating and soothing ingredients.
- There’s nothing worse than trying to put eye shadow on dry patchy lids. Try IT Cosmetics Luxe Anti-Aging High Performance Eyeshadow Trios ($29) which are packed with skin-loving ingredients such as hydrolyzed collagen, acai, green tea, and vitamins A, C, and E.
- You want an eyeliner that’s going to stay put when the wind whips you in the face and makes you tear. MAKE UP FOR EVER takes this a step further with their MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua Shadow ($20) which act as both a waterproof liner and blendable shadow.
- For your lips, tinted lip balms are all the rage right now and they are the perfect solution for winter-chapped lips since they’ve all super hydrating. Try Bite Beauty Lush Lip Tint ($24) which drop a ton of pigment but also contain organic oils and fruit butters to hydate and nourish.Janna Posted by janna Tags Clark's Botanicals, First Aid Beauty, Fresh, It Cosmetics, Josie Maran, Kate Somerville, Laura Mercier, MAKE UP FOR EVER, Philosophy, Tarte, Winter Skincare Tips