Now I know this is going to come as a shock to all of you, but I’ve tried almost every beauty product sampling subscription program out there from the quarterly New Beauty TestTube (the costliest at $29.95 a month, but includes mostly full-size product) to the extremely underwhelming Sample Society ($15 a month for tiny, crappy never-to-be-used samples). I find that I’m generally disappointed with most of these programs since I end up using probably 10% of the products, and that the 10% usually includes products I’ve already been using for years.
When GLOSSYBOX contacted me and asked if I would like to receive their July box gratis, obviously I obliged but I was clear that A) I wouldn’t guarantee coverage and B) I couldn’t guarantee positive coverage. They took their chances and sent me their July GLOSSYBOX with the theme “Summer Nights” this past week.
MY JULY GLOSSYBOX INCLUDED:
- Figs & Rouge Lip, Face & Body Balm in Sweet Geranium (Full Size): By far my favorite item in the box, this 100% Organic and Natural multi-tasking balm rescues my dry lips and elbows and softens the irritated dry patch on my finger from my wedding ring.
- Blushed Fragrance by Ruddy Waters Towelette (1 Towelette): I have two words for you — stripper smell. I close my eyes and take a big whiff and all I can picture is clear plastic stilettos and silicone. Unless you’re name is Candy or Destiny I would stay away from this heavy on the vanilla and sugar fragrance.
- Sebastian Professional Color Ignite Multi Tone Shampoo (Deluxe Sample): I highlight and color my hair so how can this shampoo be bad? I love the fruity smell and it will be perfect for my carry-on bag.
- Sebastian Professional Color Ignite Multi Tone Conditioner (Deluxe Sample): This color-protecting conditioner comes in a surprisingly effective mousse. I love the consistency of the product and my hair was definitely brighter and smoother after one use.
- Senna Cosmetics Double Dose Lip Lacquer (Full Size): I just don’t understand how a sampling program can include a lip gloss when they have no clue what colors would look good on the recipient. The two colors I received were way too shiny, glossy, and glittery for my taste and they also stunk of vanilla. Again, if your name is Candy, Destiny, or even Bambi, this gloss may be great for you, otherwise I’d skip it.