For those of you who don’t intend to dress up for Halloween… Well, normally I would have you burned at the stake but I guess I’ll be a little more tolerant this year and let you creep by with some crazy ass nail art or Halloween-inspired polishes. (Please Note: If you are attending my Halloween party, this exception does not apply.)
British cult brand Illamasqua’s US Nail Art Ambassador Fleury Rose created these DIY nail art designs to get your talons ready for fright night:
EVIL EYE – Products Used: Illamasqua Nail Varnish Scorn ($14), Illamasqua Nail Varnish Scorch ($14) and Illamasqua Rubber Finish Nail Varnish Serenity ($14) (top coat optional) Tools Needed: Dotting tool like included in the SEPHORA COLLECTION Nail Art Set ($10), tooth pick
1. After applying base coat, paint nails with two coats of Scorn black matte polish. Allow nails to dry for 3-5 minutes
2. Pour out a small amount of scorch onto tin foil. Dip the large end of a dotting tool into white polish and dot onto nail. Repeat step 3 times on each nail.
(Pro tip: if polish gets stringy, pour a fresh puddle of Scorn onto foil and continue process.) Allow white dots to dry 3-5 minutes.
3. Pour a small puddle of Serenity onto foil. With the small end of a dotting tool dip into rubber blue polish and dot in the very center of each white circle. Repeat on each nail. Allow to dry 3-5 minutes
4. Dip the point of a tooth pick into Scorn and gently dot a tiny black point into the center of each eye.
5. After drying add optional top coat for a shiny finish, or stay matte.
VAMPIRE’S KISS – Products Used: Illamasqua Rubber Finish Nail Varnish Aorta ($14) and Illamasqua Nail Varnish Boosh ($14), Illamasqua Precision Ink Scribe 0.06 oz Tools Needed: Small brush like included in the SEPHORA COLLECTION Nail Art Set ($10)
1. After applying Base coat, paint nails with two coats of Aorta and let dry 3-5 minutes
2. Dip small brush in Boosh, and paint a tiny triangle at the top of the nail. This will create the bow of the lips.
3. Next, paint an oval shape in the center of the red nail to create the opening of the mouth.
4. Allow to dry for 5 minutes (Pro tip: Allowing polish to dry before drawing on nail is very important, or you may smudge the whole thing and ruin your design!)
5. Draw on fangs and lip highlight with Precision ink in Scribe. Precision ink can be layered over its-self to create desired opacity of white.
6. Allow precision ink to dry 3-5 minutes and apply Top Coat.
WITCHING HOUR – Products Used: Illamasqua Nail Varnish Phallic ($14), Illamasqua Nail Varnish DWS ($14), Illamasqua Nail Varnish Scorch 0.5 oz and Illamasqua Nail Varnish Blow ($14) Tools Needed: Small brush like included in the SEPHORA COLLECTION Nail Art Set ($10) and a disposable sponge
1. After applying Base coat, paint nails with two coats o. After applying Base Coat, Apply one thick coat of Phallic. (Pro tip: Do not worry about getting this layer completely even, it will add dimension to the sky we are creating!) 2. Allow this layer to dry 3-5 minutes. Dip the small brush in Blow and create a tiny crescent moon. Next dot on very tiny stars with the tip of the brush.
3. Allow to dry at least 5 minutes.
4. Pour out a small puddle of Scorch, then a small puddle of DWS next to it so they are touching.
5. Dip the corner of your makeup sponge into the polish so you get a little of each color on the sponge. Gently dab on clouds.
6. Allow to dry 3-5 minutes, and apply Top Coat
If these designs are a bit too advanced for you but you still want to add a little festive fright to your nails, try ORLY’s new Spellbound trio that features chunky Halloween-inspired glitter and adorably sinister names:
Janna Posted by janna Tags Halloween, Illamasqua, Nail Art, ORLY