Sometimes I have the worst luck… Today I woke up all all ready and excited for my Google+ Hangout (If you don’t know what that it is, it’s like a video chat that is broadcasted live on Google+ and streams to YouTube). It was hosted by the insanely beautiful (hate her!) Samantha Lim, Editor-in-Chief of the huge online fashion magazine FashionIndie, featuring myself, Christina Farrell, amazing makeup artist and founder of the The Makeup Blogger, and Stacy Reid, Founder and CEO of Tinte Cosmetics (which thanks to Stacy’s generosity I will be trying soon!).
So what happened? Well, Murphy’s Law reared its ugly head and my Internet decided to take a hiatus. So, unfortunately I missed the first few minutes of the Hangout and once I finally got into the Hangout I faded in and out and even froze a couple times (I could hear the others saying, “She’s a frozen kitten!”). Now my drama aside, Christina did an adorable tutorial for an 80s costume and Stacy walked through several different viable Halloween looks. You should definitely check it out here.
After the Hangout was over, I figured it would simply be a waste of a good kitty cat look if I didn’t do a YouTube tutorial! Don’t worry about writing down any of the products since I’m listing them for you at the end of this post:
Products Used in Tutorial:
1) Covered my lid with a neutral shadow: Bobbi Brown Eye Shadow Ivory ($21)
2) Drew outline of paisley shape with waterproof black liner: MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua Eyes Mat Black ($18)
3) Filled in paisley shape and lined under eyes with black in green pot from: MAKE UP FOR EVER Black Tango Palette ($45)
4) Set and locked in color with: MAC Eyeshadow in Carbon ($15)
5) Outlined cat eye with black glitter pencil: Urban Decay 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencil in Oil Slick ($19)
6) Highlighted with the creamy pearl color from: MAKE UP FOR EVER Black Tango Palette ($45)
7) Contoured face with: Smashbox Bronze Lights Suntan Matte ($29)
8) Applied blush to apples of my cheeks with: Tarte Cheek Stain in Blissful ($30)
9) Highlighted cheeks with: Fresh Twilight Freshface Glow Twilight Freshface Glow ($36)
10) Drew nose and whiskers with: MAKE UP FOR EVER Aqua Eyes Mat Black ($18)
11) Filled in nose with: MAKE UP FOR EVER Black Tango Palette ($45)
12) Locked in color with: MAC Eyeshadow in Carbon ($15)
That’s it! MEOW!