Let me start by saying I was beyond elated that Boyhood and Transparent took home top honors at the Golden Globes last night. Bravo! Bravo! Of course my elation started way before the first gilded award was handed out. Aside from the usual invasion of the boring nude lip, the red carpet screamed Hollywood — just the way I like it! There were sultry smoky eyes, statement red lips, and old Hollywood waves, oh my!
I would be remiss if I didn’t share how to get the best looks of the night:
Amal Clooney’s Makeup
Mrs. Clooney’s makeup was almost as inspiring as her impressive resume. UK Celebrity Makeup Artist Charlotte Tilbury created the look: “I went into today knowing what she likes, so I created a retro beauty look inspired by the silver screen sirens that fits her classic style.” Mission accomplished. She looks absolutely stunning.
Get the Look:
- Charlotte applied Charlotte Tilbury ‘Charlotte’s Magic Cream’ Treat & Transform Moisturizer to the entire face followed by Charlotte Tilbury ‘Wonderglow’ Instant Soft-Focus Beauty Flash to create a flawless soft focus and an instant “spotlight” effect, which acted as the perfect base to the Charlotte Tilbury ‘Light Wonder’ Youth-Boosting Perfect Skin Foundation in 7 Medium.
- Charlotte applied Charlotte Tilbury Charlotte Tilbury ‘The Retoucher’ Conceal & Treat Stick in 2 Fair and 3 Medium underneath the eye. Rid the face of any unwanted oils with a dusting of Charlotte Tilbury ‘Air Brush Flawless Finish’ Skin Perfecting Micro-Powder Skin Perfecting Micro-Powder in 2 Medium down the middle of the face only to keep Amal’s skin dewy and fresh.
- Next, Charlotte used Charlotte Tilbury ‘Brow Lift’ Three-Way Shape, Lift & Shade Eyebrow Pencil to perfect brows and shape the face.
- To bring out the golden highlights in Amal’s eyes, Charlotte applied the pop shade from Charlotte Tilbury ‘Luxury Palette – The Dolce Vita’ Color-Coded Eyeshadow Paletteacross the lids. Charlotte Tilbury ‘Rock ‘n’ Kohl’ Iconic Liquid Eye Pencil was applied around the eye. To soften the liner, Charlotte Tilbury ‘The Classic’ Eye Powder Pencil was applied over the top. Charlotte applied three coats of Charlotte Tilbury ‘Full Fat Lashes’ 5 Star Mascara to the top lashes and only one coat to bottom lashes to create an open-eyed look.
- Charlotte used Charlotte Tilbury ‘Filmstar Bronze & Glow’ Face Sculpt & Highlight to highlight and sculpt the cheek, nose, jawline and temples.
- To create the perfect cheek, Charlotte used Charlotte Tilbury ‘Cheek to Chic’ Swish & Pop Blush across the cheekbones.
- Finish with the perfect velvety red lip by using Charlotte Tilbury ‘Lip Cheat’ Re-Size & Re-Shape Lip Liner Savage Rose along with Charlotte Tilbury ‘K.I.S.S.I.N.G’ Lipstick Night Crimson .
Rosamund Pike’s Hair
The star of Gone Girl momentarily distracted me from her ill-fitting dress when I saw that perfectly sleek angular bob. It honestly makes me want to cut my hair. Of course my natural curl probably wouldn’t translate well to this look to so I’ll leave it to you lovelies with straight locks to recreate Rosamund’s fabulous ‘do.
Her hair was styled exclusively with Oscar Blandi products by Kylee Rae Heath. Below is the breakdown straight from Kylee: “We were inspired by the ethereal gorgeous white dress and wanted the hair to be straight and sleek in contrast.”
- On damp hair apply Oscar Blandi Hair Lift Mousse throughout the roots and spray Oscar Blandi Jasmine Protein Mist from mid-shaft through the ends and comb through the hair.
- Create a deep, straight side part with a tail comb.
- With a small round brush blow dry hair on a low setting to work shine and volume into the hair.
- Once the hair is dry, spray Oscar Blandi Dry Heat Protect Sprayonto the hair & smooth out the ends with a flat iron. It is key to only hit the ends with the iron to maintain volume at the roots.
- Apply a small amount of Oscar Blandi Polish Glossing Creme to the ends to polish and to smooth away any flyaways around the part.
- Tuck the left side behind the ear and spray Oscar Blandi Lacca Medium Hold Hair Sprayto finish and add more shine.
All products used are available at Ulta stores and Ulta.com.
Jennifer Lopez’s Makeup
I have always had such a huge girl crush on J.Lo and she didn’t disappoint me last night. I loved it all — the chocolaty smoky eye, the appropriate light lip, the big Bardot hair — yes, please.
L’Oreal Paris Makeup Artist Mary Phillips wanted to go for old school Hollywood glamour and va-va-voom, drawing inspiration from Italian bombshells like Sophia Loren: sexy, fearless, timeless, bold, striking.
STEP 1: Mary applied L’Oréal Paris RevitaLift Moisture Blur ($24.99) to the entire face as a primer for smooth texture
STEP 2: Next, she covered the face with L’Oréal Paris Visible Lift Blur Foundation ($14.99) in Honey Beige. She added drops of a luminous highlighter, Giorgio Armani Fluid Sheer ($62) for definition and sheen.
STEP 3: For eyes, Mary used L’Oréal Paris Infallible Smokissime Powder Eyeliner in Brown Smoke ($9.99) as a simple one-step to a smokey look. She accented using taupe, gold and brown hues of Infallible Eye Shadow Crayon ($7.99)
STEP 4: She turned to L’Oreal Paris Brow Stylist Sculptor in Brunette ($8.99) subtly fashioning brows to frame the face without being too overbearing
STEP 5: For lips, Mary used Giorgio Armani Smooth Silk Lip Pencil #1 ($30)– the nude of nudes – to line the lips, and finished with L’Oreal Paris Infallible Pro Lip Color in Neverending Nutmeg ($12.99). The pale hue worked perfectly against her metallic dress
STEP 6: She finished off with L’Oréal Paris Infallible Pro Spray & Set Makeup Extender Setting Spray($16.99), which kept Jennifer’s makeup looking fresh for hours following application
All products are available at LorealParisUSA.com and mass and drugstores nationwide.
Kate Beckinsale’s Hair
I don’t care that Ms. Beckinsale hasn’t been in a good movie for several years; she still screams “movie star.” Damn, she’s good looking. I LOVED her dramatic updo. It was absolutely gorgeous from every angle. Celebrity hairstylist Creighton Bowman of Tracey Mattingly created Ms. Beckinsale’s look with René Furterer styling products.
Creighton’s inspiration: “Our inspiration for the evening came from Kate’s stunning Elie Saab gown and the idea of adding length to her silhouette by adding height to her hair.”
Get the Look:
1. On towel-dried hair, I applied René Furterer VOLUMEA volumizing foam – no rinse at the roots and René Furterer FIORAVANTI shine enhancing no-rinse detangling spray on the ends.
2. Then, I sprayed on René Furterer LISSEA thermal protecting smoothing spray to help protect the hair from my heat styling tools.
3. Next, using a medium-sized round brush, I blew out the hair.
4. Once Kate’s blowout was finished, I curled the hair with a 1 1/4″ curling iron and then set the hair into 1″ sections.
5. I then brushed out the curls and sprayed René Furterer NATURIA dry shampoo all over for added texture and thickness.
6. To begin the updo, I pulled all of the hair to the top of the crown and secured it with a ponytail holder.
7. Once the ponytail was secure, I wrapped all of the hair around the ponytail base in a forward motion and secured it with pins in the front of the ponytail.
8. Finally, I used René Furterer VEGETAL FINISHING SPRAY to hold the look in place and to smooth any flyaways.
Taylor Schilling’s Makeup
I was so proud to see Taylor Schilling finally showed up to an award show in minimal yet glamorous makeup. She’s had a tendency in the past to wear dark smoky eyes to award shows, which distracted from her natural beauty. The Orange is the New Black star went to experts at NARS to get last night’s look.
Tina Turnbow for NARS Cosmetics’s inspiration: “The inspiration for Taylor’s look was a younger, modern take on Grace Kelly. I wanted to play up her bone structure, her skin and her natural beauty so we went with a clean eye, bold brow and a crisp orange red lip to clash with the scarlet shade of her Ralph Lauren gown.”
All Day Luminous Weightless Foundation (New for Spring 2015; for now try Sheer Matte Foundation) | Porto Venere Eye Paint (New for Spring 2015; for now try Abyssinia Matte Eyeshadow) | Red Square Velvet Matte Lip Pencil.
All products, except where noted, are available at narscosmetics.com.
What were some of your favorite looks at the Golden Globes?Janna Posted by janna Tags Charlotte Tilbury, Golden Globes, L'Oreal, Nars, Oscar Blandi, red carpet