Hello, my lovelies! I hope you all had a chance to tune in to last week’s podcast with makeup artist Maria Luxen, “Why Does Your Makeup Look Like Sh*t??” This week I was a bit more tame but still had so much fun with beauty blogger and vlogger Kristie Burnett from Blushing Basics. She is beyond adorbs and you must check out her kick-ass video makeup tutorials on YouTube!
Summary: We all know the holiday season means it’s a time for giving – so tune into My Beauty Binge with special guest Beauty Blogger Kristie Burnett, makeup artist and founder and editor of Blushing Basics, to find out the best beauty gifts for everyone! Of course the holiday season is also when the top beauty brands package amazing deals in gift sets, so why not treat yourself (or strongly suggest a gift idea to a loved one)? Kristie and I will also help you prep for that holiday party with a few quick tips on how to look “going out” ready in just a few minutes!
Kristie’s Holiday Gift Picks:
- For a teacher or as a hostess gift, Lush Gift Sets ($10 – $30), which come adorably pre-wrapped and smell delicious.
- For sisters and friends, Kristie recommends a MAC holiday kit that comes packaged in an adorable accessory and is filled with MAC bestselling makeup: MAC ‘Fabulousness – Neutral’ Eye Palette ($32.50), MAC ‘Guilty Passions – Nicely Nude’ Lip Gloss Kit ($32.50), MAC ‘All For Glamour – Gorgeous Bronze’ Face Kit ($49.50).
- Kristie’s Beauty Ninja Kit for Any Makeup Lover –Laura Mercier Secret Camouflage ($30) + Beauty Blender ($19.95) – two powerhouse products for concealing the most pesky of imperfections.
- For her darling husband — Kiehl’s ‘Men’s Refueling’ Kit ($56 Value) ($42) — who won’t admit it but he does love good beauty products! (I’m so jealous!)
- MAKE UP FOR EVER HD Complexion Starter Kit ($79.00): For any makeup lover and/or really for herself since it’s such an amazing value and she thinks the HD Foundation is the cat’s pajamas.
- Kristie’s dream gift (I hope her husband Trevor was listening to the show!!!) is The Clear Cube ($300-$350), which she’s seen on reality celebrities’ vanities like the Kardashians and the Real Housewives. It’s a gorgeous way to keep your beauty products organized while still being able to see all the labels.
- For an art lover and/or anyone who appreciates having hydrated supple skin during the harsh winter months, The Limited Edition Creme de Corps Collection by Pop Artist Kenny Scharf ($29.50 – $75), combines the cult-favorite super-moisturizing body cream with fun packaging and a good cause — the first $200,000 in sales go directly to children’s charities around the world.
- To trick my husband into using skincare without even knowing it, I’m giving him Caswell-Massey Sandalwood After Shave Balm ($20), which sounds like a standard after shave product but actually has Jojoba Oil and Shea Butter combined with mineral-rich Sea Kelp to moisturize and Sandalwood Oil, Chamomile and Grapeseed Extracts soothe and calm.
- MAKE UP FOR EVER Ultimate Eye Liner Collection ($160): This is the dream Crayola box for any makeup lover — buy it for yourself for the value ($277 worth or product) or for someone who shares your love. It has 14 full-size liners in the full spectrum of fun colors and consistencies, giving anyone who loves playing with color the opportunity to create a different look every day and night.
- Perfect for a friend, Secret Santa gift (and of course myself), I’m giving the gift of a sun-kissed glow with the Victoria’s Secret Glow-to-go Travel Set ($14.50), which has a deluxe travel size of the best (most natural, non-smelly) self-tanner on the market, a deluxe travel size of their tinted body lotion with shimmer (perfect for my arm-bearing New Year’s Eve dress), and a lip gloss in Sun-Kissed.
- My Biggest Splurge on My Wish List is the SK-II ‘Facial Treatment’ Mask ($125). I can’t bare to spend the $125.00 on a mask for myself, but why shouldn’t a loved one treat me to the ultimate instant facial? Honestly, I’m pretty sure SK-II drenches these cotton masks in liquified fairy dust. They cure all ailments — dehydration, sensitivity, redness, and generally angry skin. Slap one of those masks on after a long flight or the day after a long night — and you’ll look amaze balls. Trust me.
Make sure you tune into next week’s podcast when we’ll be speaking to Divya Gugnani, ultimate trend setter and c0-founder of Send the Trend, about her beauty ritual for New Year’s Eve!