Happy New Year, my lovelies! I feel like since today is the first official post-holiday workday, it’s time to really put my New Year’s resolutions in turbo mode. Well… turbo mode may be pushing it but whatever. Progress is progress. I have to say this is by far my favorite podcast that I’ve done to date. Listening to myself and Maria bust on ourselves and each other kept me laughing while I was on my morning walk. On that note, download the podcast FOR FREE and give it a listen while you’re on the elliptical or treadmill. I swear it makes the time go by faster, especially when you hear me scolding my listeners for being gross and Maria for picking at her face with her spiked stiletto nails.
Download the podcast or listen to it streaming on your computer here (it’s the 1st podcast) and it’s free! If you hit the “SUBSCRIBE” button in iTunes you will automatically get all my podcasts!
Forget making the same boring resolutions that you make every year – you know you’re going to break them anyway, and then you’re going to feel guilty. Blah blah blah. Trust me you’ll feel less guilty when you break the beauty resolutions (and you’ll have so much fun doing it)! Tune into My Beauty Binge to hear me and my favorite guest in the whole world Maria Luxen, makeup artist extraordinaire and founder of Makeup Mayhem, discuss the resolutions you should be making for yourself, ones Maria and I should be making for ourselves and of course reviewing all the resolutions I broke from last year.
Maria’s New Year’s Resolutions for You:
1. Hydrate, hydrate, hydrate! Maria keeps her skin moist during these harsh winter months by mixing a few drops of Aesop Damascan Rose Treatment Oil in her daily moisturizer.
2. Fix up the makeup a little bit; work a little harder to getting it right. Make sure you practice new looks before big events and don’t go leaving the house looking like Cat Marnell (see photo below).
My Resolutions for You:
1. Stop being so gross! Don’t stick your grimy fingers in your beautiful creams and foundations and contaminate them. Use a Q-tip or a spatula like Mattese Elite Curve Spatulas (25 count for $1.99).
2. Stop buying skincare products just because you are able to get a good brand at a discount. It’s a waste of money and you’ll either end up throwing the products in a drawer or end up using the products and end up looking like a bad science project.
3. Stop using products that you know are doing nothing for your skin or worse, causing more problems. If the product was expensive, either give it to someone with more suitable skin or use it on your body!
Maria’s Resolutions for Herself (Besides Drinking Less Champagne Cocktails):
1. Maria wants to stop buying products that are too aggressive for her gorgeous alabaster skin, and she promises she won’t keep using them after she knows her skin is reacting badly to them.
2. Maria swears she’s going to stop picking at her skin with her super long and sharp stiletto nails.
My Resolutions for Myself (Besides the Broken Ones from Last Year which you can find here):
1. Clean my makeup brushes more often! I know it’s gross, but I always find it takes too long for them to dry so I end up making excuses as to why I should wait another week. Luckily, Maria had a great recommendation — Cinema Secrets Professional Brush Cleaner ($8.00) — which I only have to spray on a few times and it will dry quickly.
2. I need to stop over-using products. I’ve gotten a little better with makeup but I can tell I’m definitely still overusing my skincare since I’m going through it so quickly and sometimes my primer balls up. Gross.
3. I have to stop investing in manicures and gel manicures if I’m just going to end up picking off all the polish. It’s a disgusting habit and to be quite honest is more like an addiction. Once I see the first chip or peel, it’s all over for the entire manicure.
Okay, that’s it! I’m ready for new beginnings in 2013 and sticking to all my resolutions. What are some of your beauty resolutions?Janna Posted by janna