Chase away the January drearies by giving yourself a spa treatment at home. Tune into My Beauty Binge this week to hear how you can transform a simple shower or a spare half hour into a mini-escape that’s also much needed by your skin. The harsh winter weather and the heater’s blaring dry air means we should be regularly exfoliating and bumping up the moisture levels. What better excuse for some “me” time?
Download the podcast from iTunes or listen to it streaming on your computer here (it’s the 1st podcast) and it’s free! If you hit the “SUBSCRIBE” button in iTunes you will automatically get all my podcasts!
Products / Brands / Services Featured in Podcast:
My ‘Spa Night’ Ritual:
1. Wash my face with my Clarisonic ($199) so that I’m gently exfoliating and prepping my skin for the mask. (Word to the wise: Don’t overuse if you have sensitive skin or you’ll have more bumps than Lindsay Lohan in a nightclub.)
2. Apply my favorite mask in the entire world – Fresh Black Tea Instant Perfecting Mask ($88) – hands down the best spa treatment in a jar.
1. After my shampoo, I use Ouidad Mediterranean Bay Leaf Exfoliating Hair & Scalp Treatment ($36) to remove product build-up (and because I love the tingling sensation).
2. Then I put on a hair mask like Phytocitrus Restructuring Mask for Color-Treated Hair ($38), comb through, and pin up.
3. Next I apply a body scrub like Bliss Lemon + Sage Body Scrub ($36) with my hand.
4. Then I scrub the hell out of my body with exfoliating Exfoliating Bath Gloves ($5.49)
1. I slather on a rich body moisturizer or body butter like Mountain Body Body Butter ($24)
2. Then I spray a non-alcohol spray toner like Boots Botanics Organic Rosewater Toner ($6.71) and massage in any serums.
3. I complete my spa mini escape with the Decleor ‘Aroma Night’ Neroli Essential Night Balm, which was one of my Top 5 Products of 2012. You want to take the time to emulsify the balm and really massage it into the skin for at least a few minutes. It smells amaze balls and the massage is great circulation for the skin.
Enjoy treating yourself, my lovelies! And hopefully we’ll all win PowerBall soon so we can all afford our own spa wing and have unlimited spa treatments at our beck and call! Ahh…Janna Posted by janna Tags At-home spa, Bliss, Boots Botanics, Clarisonic, Decleor, Fresh, Ouidad, Phyto