That’s it. All my other lipsticks are going on the Velveteen Rabbit shelf. Why would I wear a lipstick that could dry out my lips or disappear after an hour when I could wear super creamy, ridiculous pigment, and long-lasting Bite Beauty Cashmere Lip Cream ($28)? Ladies, I know I sound like a commercial but I can assure you I’m not getting paid (though I would certainly appreciate a life time supply of product). I’m seriously in love with this stuff.
One of the perks of being the writer of E! Online Beauty Police is I get sent tons of beautiful makeup for possible inclusion in my columns. Bite’s publicist sent me the Bite Beauty Cashmere Lip Cream in Muscato and I immediately slicked it on (obviously I insist on testing every product I recommend) to see how it looked. I wasn’t expecting sparks since I’ve always been a lipstick vs. lip gloss girl, but this is no lip gloss my friends. It is a rich pigmented cream that applies with precision, doesn’t feather, and lasts for hours and hours.
The true test — my baby shower. 11:30 AM I applied the lip cream after lining my lips with Bite Beauty Contour Lip liner Cabernet ($24) (by the way, I was SO confident in the lip cream’s ability to perform I didn’t even fill in my lips with the liner. I knew this lip cream wouldn’t budge and dare leave me with just a lip liner outline). For the next five hours, that’s right five hours, I talked my head off, drank several glasses of water, stuffed my face with enough food to feed a football team, and when I looked in the mirror at 4:37 my lips looked the exact same as when I first applied the lip cream.
That my lovelies, is what we beauty addicts call pure magic.Posted by janna Tags Bite Beauty, lip cream, lipstick, Sephora
Tune into the My Beauty Binge podcast this week to hear me share some of my favorite new beauty products that just joined my coveted arsenal. For those of you who regularly read my blog you know it’s tough competition for beauty products in my house. One wrong move and the product is banished to the beauty graveyard. On the other side of the spectrum are the new products that manage to rock my world enough to immediately make it into my daily regimen.
Download the podcast from iTunes or listen to it streaming on your computer here (it’s the 1st podcast) and it’s free! If you hit the “SUBSCRIBE” button in iTunes you will automatically get all my podcasts!janna Tags Bite Beauty, Christian Dior, Dior, Eminence, Pixi, Podcast, Sampar, Sania's Brow Bar
Tune into the My Beauty Binge podcast this week to find out the hottest makeup trends that rocked the runways and the red carpets these past few weeks. You will also learn how to recreate the most wearable, flattering trends at home.
Download the podcast from iTunes or listen to it streaming on your computer here (it’s the 1st podcast) and it’s free! If you hit the “SUBSCRIBE” button in iTunes you will automatically get all my podcasts!janna Tags Bite Beauty, Celebrities, Celebrity Beauty, Dior, Lancome, Lipstick Queen, MAC, MAKE UP FOR EVER, Sephora Collection, Stila, Tarte
Leave the back-to-school shopping for the soccer moms and celebrate Fall by revamping your lipstick wardrobe! Lipstick can’t make you look fat, remember? In fact, it can make you feel quite fabulous if you choose the right shade. The Fall 2012 fashion shows were all about the dark berry lip, but you don’t necessarily need to go all out vamp to be on trend this season. I mean even Pam wears a nice classic red:
Gif via Sodahead
I tested 5 gorgeous lipsticks — all varying in color, opacity, and price – yet they all come from the red berry family. Now if you’re thinking “Is she f’ing crazy? There’s no way I could pull off a red,” back away from your little safe pink lipgloss haven and trust me. These flattering shades will add instant sex kitten status, whether you’re blond, brunette, ginger, etc.
Read the rest of this entry »
Forget Hallmark’s cheese and that “Every Kiss Begins with Kay….” Every kiss begins with you morphing into your naughty self for your sexy man on Valentine’s Day. Put down the mascara and the red lipstick. Yes, I know you’re thinking I’ve sniffed too much nail polish at this point. How dare I put aside siren red lipstick on Valentine’s Day? Well, think about it… Guess where red lipstick ends up when you give your man his present? Exactly. And no man likes the taste of lipstick, nor do they like trying to bleach a lipstick stain off their pillow. And mascara?? I know, I know, but bad idea. Rocky Raccoon just isn’t sexy. Here’s what you should do:
1) Pull out all the stops in making your skin glow. Give yourself a mini-facial. I have sensitive skin so I will cleanse and then apply a gentle exfoliator like Sonya Dakar Enzyme Peeling Cream, then a plumping, moisturizing mask like SK-II Facial Treatment Mask. I will follow with my regular moisturizing routine and primer. By pre-beautifying my skin I won’t have to worry about wearing foundation that will leave an abstract painting on the pillow.
2) Your lips are the focal point here. Start by exfoliating them, which will naturally plump them and give them a delicious, rosy tint. I use Bite Beauty Fruit Lip Scrub, which is cherry -flavored deliciousness and leaves my lips soft and supple. Then, I smooth on Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment in Plum, which hydrates and leaves sheer, subtle color.
3) Conceal what you need to, and then create a non-shimmery, natural bronzy glow with Benefit Hoola. Give yourself a big smile in the mirror and apply Tarte Cheek Stain, a natural-looking gel blush, on the apples of your cheeks.
4) I know I told you to ditch the mascara. That may have been harsh. If you have a proven mascara that is waterproof and doesn’t flake, then go for it. Personally, if I didn’t have my lash extensions, I would rather make my inner sex kitten purr by applying individual false eyelashes in the corners of my eyes.
5) Last step? Slather your body in Laura Mercier Creme Brûlée Body Butter. Everyone knows (even scientists!) that the more you smell like a dessert, the more your man goes crazy.Posted by janna Tags Benefit, Bite Beauty, Eyelash Extensions, Fresh, Laura Mercier, SK-II, Sonya Dakar