Hello beautiful brides-to-be! If you followed my 6 Weeks Before the Big Day advice, you’ve already seen a dermatologist, begun oxygen facial treatments, and started a religious nightly skin care regimen. Now, with just two weeks to go before the wedding, it’s time to step up the skin care routine and SPOIL YOUR SKIN LIKE IT’S VERUCA SALT!!!
1. I will hunt you down and cut your veil if you’re not using at least a nickel size dollop of sunscreen every morning. The sun instantly dehydrates your skin, enlarges pores, and emphasizes wrinkles. So don’t think “Oh, I’ll just get a little color for the wedding and pay the price later.” Bitch, you’re going to pay the price when your groom lifts up the veil to see a leather raisin. I don’t want to hear any excuses either. I can assure you my skin is a bigger drama queen and I use COOLA – Face SPF 30 Mineral Sunscreen Unscented Matte Tint ($36) every morning after my moisturizer and my makeup goes on beautifully. Hint: If you’re using a chemical sunscreen, make sure you apply it first thing after you wash your face. If you’re using a mineral sunscreen like COOLA, it should be the last step in your skin care regimen since it’s a physical sunblock.
2. Put down and walk away from the Clarisonic. That’s right I said it. The Clarisonic is to be used only at night when you have makeup and daily grime to remove. Unless your fiancé licks your face while you’re sleeping, you don’t need any aggressive cleansers in the morning. If you continue to use your Clarisonic twice a day, you may end up stripping your skin and causing irritation. Instead, opt for a gentle cleanser like Fresh Soy Face Cleanser ($38) which is super gentle and smells deliciously of cucumbers.
3. Incorporate a brightening and/or energizing serum like Eminence Eight Greens Youth Serum ($42) which is a revitalizing serum for dehydrated and/or oily skin. Bonus: It’s specifically made for hormonal issues so if your two weeks fall within the dreaded PMS zone, this serum will help get your skin on track.
1. Nothing makes your skin look older than tight, dry skin. So after you cleanse, spoil your skin with a hydrating mask 2-3 times a week. Use a soothing, moisturizing mask like Caudalie Moisturizing Cream Mask ($40) which will help tight, dehydrated skin and quiet down any redness and irritation.
2. If you’re suffering from oily or congested skin, incorporate a mud treatment mask twice a week that will gently treat by absorbing impurities and controlling oil like Boscia Clarifying Detox Mask ($25). If your skin is suffering an identity crisis, meaning it’s both congested and dry, then apply the mask before your shower and remove once you get out of the shower. The steam will help the mask penetrate but won’t allow it to dry out your skin.
3. As I said in the last post, slather on the oil and the creams! My face is so greasy from products at night my husband kisses me good night on my neck to avoid being slimed. I wake up the next morning to plumped, hydrated skin. You, my fair bride, better be going to bed with a face full of product too or, you guessed it, I will hunt you down and cut your veil.
Make sure you check out my next post in my Bridal Skin Care Bootcamp Series, where I will be giving you the “Don’t you Dares!” for the week before the big day!
Posted by janna Tags Boscia, Bridal skincare, Bridal skincare tips, Bride, Caudalie, Clarisonic, COOLA, Eminence, Fresh, Sensitive Skin, Skin Care
I know all you ladies on the East Coast want to throw hail balls at me for suggesting “outdoor venues” when you’re being pummeled with rain but just remember, “It can’t rain all of the time.” Soon you will be going to outdoor concerts, sporting events, farmers markets, etc. I swear! Here on the West Coast I’m gearing up to go to the Bottle Rock Festival in Napa, Valley (3 days of bands like The Black Keys, Violent Femmes, Jane’s Addiction, The Flaming Lips, The Avett Brothers combined with a wine and food festival) and of course I’m already planning my beauty arsenal.
Now, don’t be fooled. Just because I love makeup doesn’t mean I’m going to be slapping it on for an outdoor music festival. Nothing looks worse than melting, runny makeup and I’m going more for the Earth Mother vibe anyway. With my lash extensions, tinted sunscreen and a little lip tint I’ll be ready to rock. Here’s what will be in my bag:
Read the rest of this entry »
One of the things I love most about being a shameless beauty addict is discovering the kind of products I can’t stop talking about. Whether they were just launched this year or have been other peoples’ cult favorites for decades (but newly discovered by me), when it comes to finding quality beauty products age is of no consequence.
Below you will find my most recommended products this past year that have also found themselves in the coveted position of being in my permanent beauty regimen rotation:
Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter ($7.49): I’m yet to find a lipstick more hydrating that drops as much pigment as these do. I love that they come in both sheer and opaque shades which makes them fun to mix and layer. You can’t imagine how many women have thanked me for introducing these happy little hydrators to their makeup bags.janna Tags Best of, Cle de Peau, Concealer, COOLA, Coola Sunscreen, Decleor, Fresh, lipstick, Mask, Revlon, SPF
For those of you who read Beauty Binge regularly, you know I became obsessed with COOLA several months ago after a delightful facial at the The Biltmore Four Seasons in Santa Barbara (yes, I lead a tough life). After the esthetician assured me COOLA ($36.00) is suitable for sensitive skin she applied the matte, primer-like SPF (which by the way I usually say no to after a facial because my skin is so friggin’ sensitive I tend to breakout fast and badly) and upon looking in the mirror I instantly fell in love.
You all know I am a preacher of primer — you should be wearing it every day regardless of if you wear makeup. It seals in your skincare and most importantly mattifies and makes your skin look airbrushed. COOLA has that dry touch feel of a good primer with the added bonus of being an organic mineral anti-aging SPF. You can imagine my elation when I found out COOLA came out with a TINTED version of their matte SPF! The tint is one of those shades that looks good on every skin tone and helps to mask any imperfections like redness or blemishes.
Defend your skin from both the sun and environmental pollution with a chemical free, mineral matte shield. This unscented, lightly tinted formula delivers broad spectrum SPF 30 protection as it fights the damaging effects of free radicals. Antioxidant-infused Borage Seed Oil and Evening Primrose Extract will rejuvenate skin, targeting early signs of aging. Shea Butter hydrates and softens sun-exposed skin while restoring elasticity. Plankton, a naturally water-resistant phyto-protector boosts SPF protection, making this the perfect beach companion.
- Ideal for normal or oily skin
- Lightly tinted
- Preservative free formula
- Infused with Certified Organic Ingredients
- Water Resistant (40 minutes)
- No nano-sized particles
Ladies, BB Creams are for the uninformed masses… You want a multi-tasker that’s great for your skin? Get yourself COOLA – Face SPF 30 Mineral Sunscreen Matte Tint and thank me later.Posted by janna Tags COOLA, Primer, SPF