I know you all think I plop myself down in front of my vanity every morning and spend a good hour putting on my face — using several different concealers to camouflage my puffy eyes, carefully sculpting the perfect winged eye, prepping and painting on the perfect statement lip — ok that’s me on a big night out, but not during the week. I mean come on, I live in crunchy Northern California now so I’ve kind of been forced to embrace the “Fresh Face Look”. The good news? I found that I can actually look surprisingly good after dedicated 5-7 minutes to my makeup routine. And for those of you mommies and worker bees who don’t have more than a few minutes to slap on your makeup in the morning, you are going to love me forever:janna Tags Amore Pacific, Blush, Bronzer, Cle de Peau, Eyelash Extensions, Foundation, Laura Mercier, lipstick, Lipstick Queen, MAC, Mascara, Orlane, Primer, Tarte, Tinted Moisturizer, Votre Vu
Celebrity Blind Beauty Item: Who is Taking the Bold Brows and Big Lashes Trends a Bit Too Literally?
Guess which former pop tartlet should start being a bit more “judge”-mental about the way her makeup looks on live TV? Thanks to an overzealous makeup artist, this star’s face looks like a battleground between warring tar-coated tarantulas (her eyelashes) and tar-coated caterpillars (her eyebrows). When I’m watching her show I can’t help but to be distracted by waiting for her to blink to see if her lashes will seal shut like venus flytraps or if her badly drawn brows are going to start bleeding down her face.
Let’s break down what she should be doing for her hot mess of a situation:
Tarantulashes: I’m sorry, but there are only two valid excuses for not having eyelash extensions 1. Can’t spare the cash 2. Super-sensitive watering eyes. We know #1 isn’t a problem for her and judging by the amount of eye makeup she wears I’m assuming #2 isn’t an issue either. She should get lash extensions on the top (I highly recommend Xtreme Lashes) and Lash Dip (It’s like a 2-week natural-looking mascara) or a lash tint on the bottom. The gloppy mess on her lashes just isn’t okay. To learn more why I’m obsessed with lash extensions click here.
Warlock Brows: I get that bold brows are in but let’s not be ridiculous. It looks like her makeup artist took a black kohl pencil and outlined slightly outside her entire brow area and then filled both shapes in solid with the pencil. She looks like a cartoon villain. What her makeup artist should have done — First choose a brow pencil like Anastasia Perfect Brow Pencil ($22) that matches our tartlet’s brows. Then angle the pencil 45° and lightly feather hair-length strokes through the brows (operative word being lightly). Then set brows with a clear gel like Anastasia Brow Gel ($21). Voila!
Can you guess who our offending pop tartlet is? Leave a comment or email me and I’ll tell you if you’re right!Posted by janna Tags Anastasia, Bold Brows, Celebrities, Celebrity Blind Beauty Item, Eyelash Extensions, Trends, Xtreme Lashes
If you regularly read my blog you know that I rank my lash extensions above all other beauty services and treatments. I shocked my readers a couple months ago when I said I would even give up getting my hair colored if I was forced to choose between the two. Luckily, my husband values our happy marriage so no forced choice has come to fruition. Why am I so obsessed with my lash extensions? Is that a serious question? Just look at the picture below! I get to bat my Bambi lashes for 3-4 weeks without ever putting on mascara, nor worrying about sweating at the gym (like that’s happened in the past 6 months) or taking a dip in the pool!
Now, before you get all excited because you just saw a deal on lash extensions via Groupon or LivingSocial, I’m going to tell you right now you have to be very selective when it comes to choosing your lash extension stylist. If you ask any top lash stylist, they will tell you horror stories of painful butcher jobs that they’ve had to fix. I personally will only trust lash stylists who use XTreme Lashes (you can find a stylist near you by visiting their site) since the company will not distribute product to a salon or spa unless the stylists go through rigorous training. Also, their lashes are made of a safe synthetic material and the glue does not irritate my eyes. Read the rest of this entry »Posted by janna Tags Cheri Wroblewski, Eyelash Extensions, Jocelyn Sisco, lash extensions, MilVali Salon, Xtreme Lashes
I’m not going to lie to you… I seriously had doubts about finding someone out here who could give me lashes like Cheri did at Lash Boutique. I’ve been faithfully wearing her lash extensions for almost two years, and I have to say my lashes are a “must have” even above coloring my hair. (I’m hoping my husband doesn’t read this post. If he does, “Danny, this would be in a hypothetical emergency situation when I couldn’t choose both. It’s just imaginary.)
I struggled with this decision, but I wouldn’t be completely grey if I went au natural. And to be quite honest, yes it would suck to wake up in the morning and look in the mirror to find salt and pepper hair. But guess what… that salt and pepper hair ain’t looking too shabby if I’ve got some Bambi eyelash extensions to bat at myself in the mirror. Let’s first talk about the fact that I never have to wear mascara. NEVER! I get to have these meow lashes and I only need fill-ins once a month. Read the rest of this entry »Posted by janna Tags Eyelash Extensions, lash extensions, Xtreme Lashes
Forget Hallmark’s cheese and that “Every Kiss Begins with Kay….” Every kiss begins with you morphing into your naughty self for your sexy man on Valentine’s Day. Put down the mascara and the red lipstick. Yes, I know you’re thinking I’ve sniffed too much nail polish at this point. How dare I put aside siren red lipstick on Valentine’s Day? Well, think about it… Guess where red lipstick ends up when you give your man his present? Exactly. And no man likes the taste of lipstick, nor do they like trying to bleach a lipstick stain off their pillow. And mascara?? I know, I know, but bad idea. Rocky Raccoon just isn’t sexy. Here’s what you should do:
1) Pull out all the stops in making your skin glow. Give yourself a mini-facial. I have sensitive skin so I will cleanse and then apply a gentle exfoliator like Sonya Dakar Enzyme Peeling Cream, then a plumping, moisturizing mask like SK-II Facial Treatment Mask. I will follow with my regular moisturizing routine and primer. By pre-beautifying my skin I won’t have to worry about wearing foundation that will leave an abstract painting on the pillow.
2) Your lips are the focal point here. Start by exfoliating them, which will naturally plump them and give them a delicious, rosy tint. I use Bite Beauty Fruit Lip Scrub, which is cherry -flavored deliciousness and leaves my lips soft and supple. Then, I smooth on Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment in Plum, which hydrates and leaves sheer, subtle color.
3) Conceal what you need to, and then create a non-shimmery, natural bronzy glow with Benefit Hoola. Give yourself a big smile in the mirror and apply Tarte Cheek Stain, a natural-looking gel blush, on the apples of your cheeks.
4) I know I told you to ditch the mascara. That may have been harsh. If you have a proven mascara that is waterproof and doesn’t flake, then go for it. Personally, if I didn’t have my lash extensions, I would rather make my inner sex kitten purr by applying individual false eyelashes in the corners of my eyes.
5) Last step? Slather your body in Laura Mercier Creme Brûlée Body Butter. Everyone knows (even scientists!) that the more you smell like a dessert, the more your man goes crazy.Posted by janna Tags Benefit, Bite Beauty, Eyelash Extensions, Fresh, Laura Mercier, SK-II, Sonya Dakar