Hello beautiful brides-to-be! If you followed my 6 Weeks Before the Big Day advice, you’ve already seen a dermatologist, begun oxygen facial treatments, and started a religious nightly skin care regimen. Now, with just two weeks to go before the wedding, it’s time to step up the skin care routine and SPOIL YOUR SKIN LIKE IT’S VERUCA SALT!!!
1. I will hunt you down and cut your veil if you’re not using at least a nickel size dollop of sunscreen every morning. The sun instantly dehydrates your skin, enlarges pores, and emphasizes wrinkles. So don’t think “Oh, I’ll just get a little color for the wedding and pay the price later.” Bitch, you’re going to pay the price when your groom lifts up the veil to see a leather raisin. I don’t want to hear any excuses either. I can assure you my skin is a bigger drama queen and I use COOLA – Face SPF 30 Mineral Sunscreen Unscented Matte Tint ($36) every morning after my moisturizer and my makeup goes on beautifully. Hint: If you’re using a chemical sunscreen, make sure you apply it first thing after you wash your face. If you’re using a mineral sunscreen like COOLA, it should be the last step in your skin care regimen since it’s a physical sunblock.
2. Put down and walk away from the Clarisonic. That’s right I said it. The Clarisonic is to be used only at night when you have makeup and daily grime to remove. Unless your fiancé licks your face while you’re sleeping, you don’t need any aggressive cleansers in the morning. If you continue to use your Clarisonic twice a day, you may end up stripping your skin and causing irritation. Instead, opt for a gentle cleanser like Fresh Soy Face Cleanser ($38) which is super gentle and smells deliciously of cucumbers.
3. Incorporate a brightening and/or energizing serum like Eminence Eight Greens Youth Serum ($42) which is a revitalizing serum for dehydrated and/or oily skin. Bonus: It’s specifically made for hormonal issues so if your two weeks fall within the dreaded PMS zone, this serum will help get your skin on track.
1. Nothing makes your skin look older than tight, dry skin. So after you cleanse, spoil your skin with a hydrating mask 2-3 times a week. Use a soothing, moisturizing mask like Caudalie Moisturizing Cream Mask ($40) which will help tight, dehydrated skin and quiet down any redness and irritation.
2. If you’re suffering from oily or congested skin, incorporate a mud treatment mask twice a week that will gently treat by absorbing impurities and controlling oil like Boscia Clarifying Detox Mask ($25). If your skin is suffering an identity crisis, meaning it’s both congested and dry, then apply the mask before your shower and remove once you get out of the shower. The steam will help the mask penetrate but won’t allow it to dry out your skin.
3. As I said in the last post, slather on the oil and the creams! My face is so greasy from products at night my husband kisses me good night on my neck to avoid being slimed. I wake up the next morning to plumped, hydrated skin. You, my fair bride, better be going to bed with a face full of product too or, you guessed it, I will hunt you down and cut your veil.
Make sure you check out my next post in my Bridal Skin Care Bootcamp Series, where I will be giving you the “Don’t you Dares!” for the week before the big day!
Posted by janna Tags Boscia, Bridal skincare, Bridal skincare tips, Bride, Caudalie, Clarisonic, COOLA, Eminence, Fresh, Sensitive Skin, Skin Care
I know all you ladies on the East Coast want to throw hail balls at me for suggesting “outdoor venues” when you’re being pummeled with rain but just remember, “It can’t rain all of the time.” Soon you will be going to outdoor concerts, sporting events, farmers markets, etc. I swear! Here on the West Coast I’m gearing up to go to the Bottle Rock Festival in Napa, Valley (3 days of bands like The Black Keys, Violent Femmes, Jane’s Addiction, The Flaming Lips, The Avett Brothers combined with a wine and food festival) and of course I’m already planning my beauty arsenal.
Now, don’t be fooled. Just because I love makeup doesn’t mean I’m going to be slapping it on for an outdoor music festival. Nothing looks worse than melting, runny makeup and I’m going more for the Earth Mother vibe anyway. With my lash extensions, tinted sunscreen and a little lip tint I’ll be ready to rock. Here’s what will be in my bag:
Read the rest of this entry »
What’s Better Than a Free Birthday Gift from Fresh and 15% off at Sephora? Nothing! (Except Maybe a Day at the Spa)
Welcome to my happy place…
Free Birthday Gift from Fresh: You all know Fresh is one of my favorite brands of all time and I happen to collect their Fresh Sugar Lip Treatments in every color and stash them all over my house and in every handbag. They glide on creamy, hydrate my lips instantly, drop the perfect amount of pigment, and even have SPF 15. You can imagine my joy when I found out that as of April 1st, Fresh will gift customers with a free Sugar Kisses Mini Lip Duo during their birthday month. This exclusive sweet treat includes a Mini Sugar Lip Treatment Sunscreen SPF 15 and Mini Sugar Rosé Tinted Lip Treatment Sunscreen SPF 15.
Simply sign up for the program in any Fresh store and you’ll receive a postcard during your birthday month inviting you to come and pick up your gift (one per customer, per year). Then you can pucker up at your party or whatever celebration you have planned!
In July, program participants will also have the option of redeeming their gift on Fresh.com with a purchase of $40 during their birthday month.
15% Off ALL BEAUTY for Beauty Insiders! Use code: CHIC: This one is a no-brainer. It’s the only thing that’s going to hold me over until November’s Friends & Family 20% off. And by hold me over I actually mean it’s the only thing that’s going to allow me to rationalize making a ridiculously large Sephora buy.
Happy Shopping my lovelies!
I am so over my skin which seems to be having a different psychotic episode every week. I simply can’t keep up with its latest crisis. This week it threw me a curve ball and decided to have several different conflicting issues at once — dry patches on my cheeks, blackheads on my nose, and terribly puffy eyes (which may be the result of the bag of pork rinds I scarfed down a couple days ago and the Chinese food I ate last night. In my defense I don’t usually consume so much sodium, but it sure tasted good at the time).
When your skin freaks out like mine it’s time to get creative and make “spot-treating” a true art form. Before you begin your art project, make sure you cleanse your skin and exfoliate with a gentle exfoliant like Exfoliant Doux Aromatique Aux 3 Roses (Gentle Aromatic Exfoliant) ($31) or with a CLARISONIC Cleansing System ($149):janna Tags Blackheads, Clarisonic, DERMADoctor, Dr. Brandt, Dry Skin, Eve Lom, Fresh, Puffy Eyes, Sephora Collection, Skin Care
We all know Oscar Nominee Jennifer Lawrence knows how to rock a red carpet since she transformed every red carpet into a runway during her Hunger Games media tour. She has not disappointed this award season especially considering that for most of the season Jennifer (yes, we’re obviously on a first name basis) should have been in bed or in the hospital rather than strutting her stuff on the red carpet since she was plagued with illness for most of the award shows. You would never know she even had a sniffle based on her photos — every look was classic and flawless. Obviously the only way to pay true homage to The Girl on Fire leading up to her big night is to recreate one of her best red carpet looks. I chose her SAG Awards look:
First I want to introduce and thank our lovely model, Maghan McDowell, a vey talented writer who currently covers Style and Living for the San Francisco Chronicle. She was very patient with my non-makeup artist methods and didn’t bat an eyelash when I had to clean up the side of her face because I had managed to drag coral makeup (don’t ask; I was experimenting) all over her cheek and chin.janna Tags Bobbi Brown, Dolce & Gabbana, Evening Makeup, Fresh, Laura Mercier, Makeover, Red Carpet Beauty, Red carpet look, Tarte, Urban Decay
As you know from reading yesterday’s post, I’m in hot pursuit to find the most kissable lip product in the 7 days leading up to Valentine’s Day. My husband is a tolerant man but kissing him with lip stains tends to test said tolerance, so as I mentioned yesterday, my first few days of the challenge will focus on sheer colors.
Day 2 Smoocher: Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment SPF 15 in Passionjanna Tags Fresh, lip tint, Lip Treatment, Valentine's Day
Hello, my lovelies! I recently returned to News10 ABC Sacramento to bestow my beauty knowledge. For the first segment I talked Winter Skincare Tips and for the second segment I shared my favorite multi-tasking makeup that will help you battle even the coldest of winters. You will find links to all the products I mentioned below the clips. Enjoy!
Winter Skincare Tips (If the video isn’t working for you, click here)
Chase away the January drearies by giving yourself a spa treatment at home. Tune into My Beauty Binge this week to hear how you can transform a simple shower or a spare half hour into a mini-escape that’s also much needed by your skin. The harsh winter weather and the heater’s blaring dry air means we should be regularly exfoliating and bumping up the moisture levels. What better excuse for some “me” time?
Download the podcast from iTunes or listen to it streaming on your computer here (it’s the 1st podcast) and it’s free! If you hit the “SUBSCRIBE” button in iTunes you will automatically get all my podcasts!janna Tags At-home spa, Bliss, Boots Botanics, Clarisonic, Decleor, Fresh, Ouidad, Phyto
One of the things I love most about being a shameless beauty addict is discovering the kind of products I can’t stop talking about. Whether they were just launched this year or have been other peoples’ cult favorites for decades (but newly discovered by me), when it comes to finding quality beauty products age is of no consequence.
Below you will find my most recommended products this past year that have also found themselves in the coveted position of being in my permanent beauty regimen rotation:
Revlon ColorBurst Lip Butter ($7.49): I’m yet to find a lipstick more hydrating that drops as much pigment as these do. I love that they come in both sheer and opaque shades which makes them fun to mix and layer. You can’t imagine how many women have thanked me for introducing these happy little hydrators to their makeup bags.janna Tags Best of, Cle de Peau, Concealer, COOLA, Coola Sunscreen, Decleor, Fresh, lipstick, Mask, Revlon, SPF
Are you sick of hearing about beauty gift ideas yet? GET OVER IT! No, seriously… I SWEAR this will be the last gift-oriented post. The beauty of this post is you don’t even have to read! You can just watch the little clips below!
Part 1 (If the clip is not showing up, click here)
Part 2 (If the clip is not showing up, click here)
Happy Holidays, my lovelies!Posted by janna Tags Ahava, Anthony Logistics, First Aid Beauty, Fresh, MAKE UP FOR EVER, Nars, Nest Fragrance, NYX, tarte cosmetics