Let me start by saying I was beyond elated that Boyhood and Transparent took home top honors at the Golden Globes last night. Bravo! Bravo! Of course my elation started way before the first gilded award was handed out. Aside from the usual invasion of the boring nude lip, the red carpet screamed Hollywood — just the way I like it! There were sultry smoky eyes, statement red lips, and old Hollywood waves, oh my!
I would be remiss if I didn’t share how to get the best looks of the night:
Amal Clooney’s Makeup
Mrs. Clooney’s makeup was almost as inspiring as her impressive resume. UK Celebrity Makeup Artist Charlotte Tilbury created the look: “I went into today knowing what she likes, so I created a retro beauty look inspired by the silver screen sirens that fits her classic style.” Mission accomplished. She looks absolutely stunning.
Get the Look:
- Charlotte applied Charlotte Tilbury ‘Charlotte’s Magic Cream’ Treat & Transform Moisturizer to the entire face followed by Charlotte Tilbury ‘Wonderglow’ Instant Soft-Focus Beauty Flash to create a flawless soft focus and an instant “spotlight” effect, which acted as the perfect base to the Charlotte Tilbury ‘Light Wonder’ Youth-Boosting Perfect Skin Foundation in 7 Medium.
- Charlotte applied Charlotte Tilbury Charlotte Tilbury ‘The Retoucher’ Conceal & Treat Stick in 2 Fair and 3 Medium underneath the eye. Rid the face of any unwanted oils with a dusting of Charlotte Tilbury ‘Air Brush Flawless Finish’ Skin Perfecting Micro-Powder Skin Perfecting Micro-Powder in 2 Medium down the middle of the face only to keep Amal’s skin dewy and fresh.
- Next, Charlotte used Charlotte Tilbury ‘Brow Lift’ Three-Way Shape, Lift & Shade Eyebrow Pencil to perfect brows and shape the face.
- To bring out the golden highlights in Amal’s eyes, Charlotte applied the pop shade from Charlotte Tilbury ‘Luxury Palette – The Dolce Vita’ Color-Coded Eyeshadow Paletteacross the lids. Charlotte Tilbury ‘Rock ‘n’ Kohl’ Iconic Liquid Eye Pencil was applied around the eye. To soften the liner, Charlotte Tilbury ‘The Classic’ Eye Powder Pencil was applied over the top. Charlotte applied three coats of Charlotte Tilbury ‘Full Fat Lashes’ 5 Star Mascara to the top lashes and only one coat to bottom lashes to create an open-eyed look.
- Charlotte used Charlotte Tilbury ‘Filmstar Bronze & Glow’ Face Sculpt & Highlight to highlight and sculpt the cheek, nose, jawline and temples.
- To create the perfect cheek, Charlotte used Charlotte Tilbury ‘Cheek to Chic’ Swish & Pop Blush across the cheekbones.
- Finish with the perfect velvety red lip by using Charlotte Tilbury ‘Lip Cheat’ Re-Size & Re-Shape Lip Liner Savage Rose along with Charlotte Tilbury ‘K.I.S.S.I.N.G’ Lipstick Night Crimson .