Hello, my lovelies! I hope you all had a chance to tune in to last week’s podcast with makeup artist Maria Luxen, “Why Does Your Makeup Look Like Sh*t??” This week I was a bit more tame but still had so much fun with beauty blogger and vlogger Kristie Burnett from Blushing Basics. She is beyond adorbs and you must check out her kick-ass video makeup tutorials on YouTube!janna Tags Blushing Basics, Caswell-Massey, Gift Ideas, Kiehl's, Lush, MAC, MAKE UP FOR EVER, Makeup Artist, SK-II, The Clear Cube, Victoria's Secret
In honor of Halloween, I thought I would give you the SK-II Facial Treatment Mask for my Sunday Splurge. Not only does the mask make me look like Jason from Friday the 13th, but I actually need it after having a decadent Halloween party last night when I consumed a few too many glasses of witches brew.
For a mask, it’s priced quite high (6 for $90 or 10 for $125) but it’s the only at-home product I’ve ever used where I literally look like I just got a facial (minus extractions, of course). This is the mask you want around the day of a special event, the morning after a night of cocktails, or after a long flight. After cleansing, apply the sheet to your face and relax for 20 minutes (or multi-task like I do and dry your hair while the mask is on). The liquid soaking the cotton mask is so magical I cut open the pouch and rub the leftovers all over my neck and decollete.
The magical liquid is called Pitera. According to SK-II’s site, Pitera is “derived from a unique yeast’s fermentation. It is a blend of vitamins, amino acids, minerals, and organic acids that work together to allow the skin’s natural surface rejuvenation process to function at its prime, enhancing the renewal of the skin’s outer layer.”
I can’t promise the mask will “enhance the renewal” of your skin, but I can promise (based on my own multiple experiences) instant plumping, hydrating, and healing. So if you’re like me and you use everything in your arsenal to remove your Halloween makeup, your skin deserves a little luxury. Happy Halloween!Posted by janna Tags Mask, SK-II
Forget Hallmark’s cheese and that “Every Kiss Begins with Kay….” Every kiss begins with you morphing into your naughty self for your sexy man on Valentine’s Day. Put down the mascara and the red lipstick. Yes, I know you’re thinking I’ve sniffed too much nail polish at this point. How dare I put aside siren red lipstick on Valentine’s Day? Well, think about it… Guess where red lipstick ends up when you give your man his present? Exactly. And no man likes the taste of lipstick, nor do they like trying to bleach a lipstick stain off their pillow. And mascara?? I know, I know, but bad idea. Rocky Raccoon just isn’t sexy. Here’s what you should do:
1) Pull out all the stops in making your skin glow. Give yourself a mini-facial. I have sensitive skin so I will cleanse and then apply a gentle exfoliator like Sonya Dakar Enzyme Peeling Cream, then a plumping, moisturizing mask like SK-II Facial Treatment Mask. I will follow with my regular moisturizing routine and primer. By pre-beautifying my skin I won’t have to worry about wearing foundation that will leave an abstract painting on the pillow.
2) Your lips are the focal point here. Start by exfoliating them, which will naturally plump them and give them a delicious, rosy tint. I use Bite Beauty Fruit Lip Scrub, which is cherry -flavored deliciousness and leaves my lips soft and supple. Then, I smooth on Fresh Sugar Lip Treatment in Plum, which hydrates and leaves sheer, subtle color.
3) Conceal what you need to, and then create a non-shimmery, natural bronzy glow with Benefit Hoola. Give yourself a big smile in the mirror and apply Tarte Cheek Stain, a natural-looking gel blush, on the apples of your cheeks.
4) I know I told you to ditch the mascara. That may have been harsh. If you have a proven mascara that is waterproof and doesn’t flake, then go for it. Personally, if I didn’t have my lash extensions, I would rather make my inner sex kitten purr by applying individual false eyelashes in the corners of my eyes.
5) Last step? Slather your body in Laura Mercier Creme Brûlée Body Butter. Everyone knows (even scientists!) that the more you smell like a dessert, the more your man goes crazy.Posted by janna Tags Benefit, Bite Beauty, Eyelash Extensions, Fresh, Laura Mercier, SK-II, Sonya Dakar