Hello beautiful brides-to-be! If you followed my 6 Weeks Before the Big Day advice, you’ve already seen a dermatologist, begun oxygen facial treatments, and started a religious nightly skin care regimen. Now, with just two weeks to go before the wedding, it’s time to step up the skin care routine and SPOIL YOUR SKIN LIKE IT’S VERUCA SALT!!!
1. I will hunt you down and cut your veil if you’re not using at least a nickel size dollop of sunscreen every morning. The sun instantly dehydrates your skin, enlarges pores, and emphasizes wrinkles. So don’t think “Oh, I’ll just get a little color for the wedding and pay the price later.” Bitch, you’re going to pay the price when your groom lifts up the veil to see a leather raisin. I don’t want to hear any excuses either. I can assure you my skin is a bigger drama queen and I use COOLA – Face SPF 30 Mineral Sunscreen Unscented Matte Tint ($36) every morning after my moisturizer and my makeup goes on beautifully. Hint: If you’re using a chemical sunscreen, make sure you apply it first thing after you wash your face. If you’re using a mineral sunscreen like COOLA, it should be the last step in your skin care regimen since it’s a physical sunblock.
2. Put down and walk away from the Clarisonic. That’s right I said it. The Clarisonic is to be used only at night when you have makeup and daily grime to remove. Unless your fiancé licks your face while you’re sleeping, you don’t need any aggressive cleansers in the morning. If you continue to use your Clarisonic twice a day, you may end up stripping your skin and causing irritation. Instead, opt for a gentle cleanser like Fresh Soy Face Cleanser ($38) which is super gentle and smells deliciously of cucumbers.
3. Incorporate a brightening and/or energizing serum like Eminence Eight Greens Youth Serum ($42) which is a revitalizing serum for dehydrated and/or oily skin. Bonus: It’s specifically made for hormonal issues so if your two weeks fall within the dreaded PMS zone, this serum will help get your skin on track.
1. Nothing makes your skin look older than tight, dry skin. So after you cleanse, spoil your skin with a hydrating mask 2-3 times a week. Use a soothing, moisturizing mask like Caudalie Moisturizing Cream Mask ($40) which will help tight, dehydrated skin and quiet down any redness and irritation.
2. If you’re suffering from oily or congested skin, incorporate a mud treatment mask twice a week that will gently treat by absorbing impurities and controlling oil like Boscia Clarifying Detox Mask ($25). If your skin is suffering an identity crisis, meaning it’s both congested and dry, then apply the mask before your shower and remove once you get out of the shower. The steam will help the mask penetrate but won’t allow it to dry out your skin.
3. As I said in the last post, slather on the oil and the creams! My face is so greasy from products at night my husband kisses me good night on my neck to avoid being slimed. I wake up the next morning to plumped, hydrated skin. You, my fair bride, better be going to bed with a face full of product too or, you guessed it, I will hunt you down and cut your veil.
Make sure you check out my next post in my Bridal Skin Care Bootcamp Series, where I will be giving you the “Don’t you Dares!” for the week before the big day!
Posted by janna Tags Boscia, Bridal skincare, Bridal skincare tips, Bride, Caudalie, Clarisonic, COOLA, Eminence, Fresh, Sensitive Skin, Skin Care
I know all you ladies on the East Coast want to throw hail balls at me for suggesting “outdoor venues” when you’re being pummeled with rain but just remember, “It can’t rain all of the time.” Soon you will be going to outdoor concerts, sporting events, farmers markets, etc. I swear! Here on the West Coast I’m gearing up to go to the Bottle Rock Festival in Napa, Valley (3 days of bands like The Black Keys, Violent Femmes, Jane’s Addiction, The Flaming Lips, The Avett Brothers combined with a wine and food festival) and of course I’m already planning my beauty arsenal.
Now, don’t be fooled. Just because I love makeup doesn’t mean I’m going to be slapping it on for an outdoor music festival. Nothing looks worse than melting, runny makeup and I’m going more for the Earth Mother vibe anyway. With my lash extensions, tinted sunscreen and a little lip tint I’ll be ready to rock. Here’s what will be in my bag:
Read the rest of this entry »
I feel like every magazine I’ve picked u in the past month has touted the Korres Greek Yoghurt Advanced Nourishing Sleeping Mask ($45) as a ‘moisturizing breakthrough’. Now I tend to be cynical (shocking!) when I read about a new product in every single women’s rag — I figure either the company must have thrown one hell of a decadent launch party or sent out Chanel bags as a launch gift. (Yes, it’s done. Not for a peon like me but the editors at the big magazines sometimes receive ridiculous gifts from the beauty brands and tend to give editorial to big advertisers which is why you should be cautious when taking their recommendations. And don’t you worry your pretty little heads — if I ever become big-time know that a Chanel bag isn’t going to make me like a lipstick more)
Since every editor seemed to be in love with this sleeping mask it was obviously my Beauty Binge duty to investigate the situation further. I found that the user reviews on Sephora were even more complimentary than the magazines (and I assure you these users didn’t attend the launch party or receive gifts) — “I am OBSESSED with this product. I use it every night and it has literally changed my life.” and “I have oily yet dehydrated skin prone to breakouts and this sleeping leave-on mask hydrated, calmed and nourished my skin.”
SOLD.janna Tags Anti-Redness, Dry Skin, irritated skin, Korres, Sensitive Skin, Skin Care
I am so over my skin which seems to be having a different psychotic episode every week. I simply can’t keep up with its latest crisis. This week it threw me a curve ball and decided to have several different conflicting issues at once — dry patches on my cheeks, blackheads on my nose, and terribly puffy eyes (which may be the result of the bag of pork rinds I scarfed down a couple days ago and the Chinese food I ate last night. In my defense I don’t usually consume so much sodium, but it sure tasted good at the time).
When your skin freaks out like mine it’s time to get creative and make “spot-treating” a true art form. Before you begin your art project, make sure you cleanse your skin and exfoliate with a gentle exfoliant like Exfoliant Doux Aromatique Aux 3 Roses (Gentle Aromatic Exfoliant) ($31) or with a CLARISONIC Cleansing System ($149):janna Tags Blackheads, Clarisonic, DERMADoctor, Dr. Brandt, Dry Skin, Eve Lom, Fresh, Puffy Eyes, Sephora Collection, Skin Care